A pattern gold Crown struck for Queen Victoria, graded Proof 64 Ultra Cameo, which sold for $235,000 at Heritage Auctions' Jan. 6-7 Ancient & World Coin Signature® Auction, held in conjunction with the New York International Coin Show (NYINC) at the Waldorf-Astoria. This ultra-rare, undated piece was struck in 1887 in Nuremberg, Germany. The obverse was patterned after the famous William Wyon young head portrait of Victoria, while the reverse devices include the Order of the Garter crest supported by a crowned lion and a unicorn in chains. The designer of this piece is unverified, as the artist did not sign the dies.Read More.
Jan 27, 2013
Pattern gold Queen Victoria Crown sold for $235,000
- Canada Cougar Gold Coin 2011
- Two held for Krugerrand coins theft
- 800,000 Ottoman gold coins treasure
- Indian Postal gold coins sale
- Taj Mahal Gold Coin
- World first coin-Lydian coin
- Perth Mint 2012 Dragon Gold Proof Coin
- Proxibid live auction 18 October
- Where do you hide your gold coin?
- China 1kilo gold coin sold USD1.29million