Police arrested Friday a four-person, multinational gang of thieves after finding 409 counterfeit gold coins in their possession in Tripoli’s gold market. A police patrol headed by Brigadier Bassam Ayyoubi detained a Saudi man, two Syrian men, and a Lebanese woman, after finding the coins in their possession. The police said the coins were expertly produced, making it difficult to differentiate them from real gold coins. Ayyoubi said the authorities had been tracking the group, which traveled from Turkey through Syria, and detained them while they were trying to sell the coins. Separately, an Army patrol detained three Nigerian men on suspicion of theft and fraud in the Karm al-Zeitoun area of Ashrafieh. Large quantities of counterfeit currency and tools used in counterfeiting were found in their possession, the Army said. Read More.
Mar 23, 2012
Fake gold coin gang arrested
Fake gold coin gang arrested GoldCoinNews 5.0 stars based on 35 reviews Police arrested Friday a four-person, multinational gang of thieves after finding 409 counterfeit gold coins in their possession in Tripol...
- World first coin-Lydian coin
- Buying Gold bullion as investment
- 800,000 Ottoman gold coins treasure
- Canada Cougar Gold Coin 2011
- Two held for Krugerrand coins theft
- Red Kettle received gold eagle coin
- Where do you hide your gold coin?
- China 1kilo gold coin sold USD1.29million
- Indian Postal gold coins sale
- Perth Mint 2012 Dragon Gold Proof Coin