The United States Mint had issued a 9/11 coin scam warning following a product by National Collector's Mint; "10th Anniversary September 11th Commemorative Dollar" and claims that it is a "Liberian government authorized legal tender coin." US Mint warned users that this product is not a genuine United States coin or medal. Under the Constitution, Congress has the exclusive power to coin money of the United States. Congress has delegated its authority to mint and issue coins to the Secretary of Treasury, and Congress requires the Secretary to carry out these duties at the United States Mint. Thus, the United States Mint is the only government entity in the United States with the authority to coin money. Read More.
Sep 10, 2011
9 September Coin Scam Alert
This Is The Oldest Page
- Canada Cougar Gold Coin 2011
- Two held for Krugerrand coins theft
- 800,000 Ottoman gold coins treasure
- Indian Postal gold coins sale
- Taj Mahal Gold Coin
- World first coin-Lydian coin
- Perth Mint 2012 Dragon Gold Proof Coin
- Proxibid live auction 18 October
- Where do you hide your gold coin?
- China 1kilo gold coin sold USD1.29million