Investors rush to buy Kate Middleton's gold engagement coin to counter the euro volatility. The value of the gold coin that commemorated the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's engagement has risen in value by 70pc. Alan Demby, of the Scoin Shop, which has stores in Westfield Shepherd's Bush, Westfield Stratford, and Bluewater, said that sales in its shops had increased by 45pc in the last two months, with European customers leading the sales enquiries. The shops sells collectable bullion coins, with recent releases celebrating the Olympics, the Diamond Jubilee and Nelson Mandela.Mr Demby said that the company's fastest-selling coin to date features the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, commemorating their engagement. Those who bought it at the retail price of £1,750 at the time of the engagement made a good investment. The current selling price of the coin is £3,000.Read More.
May 27, 2012
Kate Middleton coins-hot investment
- Canada Cougar Gold Coin 2011
- Two held for Krugerrand coins theft
- 800,000 Ottoman gold coins treasure
- Indian Postal gold coins sale
- Taj Mahal Gold Coin
- World first coin-Lydian coin
- Perth Mint 2012 Dragon Gold Proof Coin
- Proxibid live auction 18 October
- Where do you hide your gold coin?
- China 1kilo gold coin sold USD1.29million